Talk about a light and refreshing salad that requires no cooking! Lime juice and cilantro are the key ingredients to creating this wonderful, healthy salad you’ll want to make all summer long. Made with cooked peeled shrimp and the freshest ingredients – avocados, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chopped jalapeño tossed with some freshly squeezed lime juice and a touch of olive oil.
I’m remaking this from the archives for lunch today, so I took the opportunity to re-shoot this since the photos needed some updating. This is perfect to serve as an appetizer, or for a lunch or light meal. You can put this over a tostada to make it a little more substantial and you can easily adapt this to suit your taste by adding more or less
cilantro, jalapeño etc.
If you plan on making this ahead of time, you can combine all the ingredients except for the avocado and cilantro and keep this refrigerated, then add them just before serving. This easily doubles for a large crowd.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped*
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño.
- Combine all the ingredients together
- Add cilantro and gently toss
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
You can find complete recipes of this ZESTY LIME SHRIMP AND AVOCADO SALAD in skinnytaste.com