Delicious Moist & Crunchy Cookies full to the brim with chunks of Terry’s Chocolate Orange – heavenly.
I have ALWAYS adored Chocolate + Orange flavouring together – especially Terry’s Chocolate Orange – it sounds like an odd combination at first if you haven’t tried it, but once you have, you will never forget it! Literally my favourite chocolate! When I was little, I would eat at least 3 a week (I realise this is bad, but I ate plenty of healthy stuff too!!). I have always baked big cakes and used chocolate orange, and then cupcakes as well – but when I went to the supermarket with my boyfriend recently and he picked up a bag of Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies to buy, I realised I might as well bake them at home myself so I know exactly what is in then, and sometimes it works out much cheaper! – Turn out this is the best decision I have ever made.
Seriously though, I know you all love and adore Terry’s Chocolate Orange – hence the love for the No-Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake that I posted a few months ago – my second most popular recipe on my blog! These cookies are the perfect combination or crunchy edges and gooey delicious centre – its a winner all round!
These cookies are always perfect to bake around Christmas time, or when you are just craving something utterly delicious. The perfect part about them is that the oils in the Chocolate Orange that creates the flavouring, makes the cookie bake perfectly every single time – I have honestly never had a problem with these! Enjoy!
- 125g butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 25g cocoa powder
- 175g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Zest of 1/2 a medium orange/1tsp Orange Extract
- 250g Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Plus extra if you want a piece on top!)
- Preheat your oven to 190C/180C Fan/375F and line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy and thoroughly combined – I often use an electric mixer for this bit as it makes it so much easier and combines the ingredients very well – but good ol’ manpower will work too!
- Add the vanilla essence and the beaten egg, and mix again briefly. Add the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt and mix until a thick paste/cookie dough is formed. (Or add it all in together!)
You can find complete recipes of this TERRY’S CHOCOLATE ORANGE COOKIES! in janespatisserie.com