Yes it’s that time of year! Time to enjoy warm days outside, calm days at the sunlit beach, or just to relax in your backyard – lying a hammock as you bask in the warmth of the sun on your skin, while enjoying long sips from of tall glass of this ice cold Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade. There’s my ideal summer, now I just need that comfy hammock with an extra soft and plush pillow. But for now, at least I have this irresistibly refreshing fresh raspberry lemonade!
I love lemonade lately (yes I still have one more lemonade recipe to share). I love it’s balance of sweet and tart and when you use fresh fruit it makes a world of difference. None of that bottled lemon juice that has been sitting on the shelf for months.
I keep thinking I need to do a lemonade stand with my kids and I want to sell real deal lemonade like this – for those one or two kind people that actually stop (memories as a kid :). Imagine their surprise when they think they are just being nice and they’re going to pretend to enjoy that glass of overly sweet Kool Aid, when suddenly they get something like this instead. Well worth the 50 cents!
Save this recipe because you need to try it at least once this summer while all those gorgeous, vibrantly flavored fresh raspberries are in season.
- 12 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 liter (33.8 oz) sparkling water or club soda, chilled
- Fresh mint and ice, for serving
- Place raspberries in a food processor and pulse until well pureed. Force raspberry puree through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- In a large pitcher (if you don’t have one large enough you may need two) whisk together water and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Pour in honey and mix until blended. Stir in raspberry mixture and lemon juice then pour in club soda and stir once. Serve with ice and fresh mint.
You can find complete recipes of this Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade in cookingclassy.com