Do you roast your veggies? If not, then stop what you are doing right now and make this Roasted Broccoli with Asiago, Garlic and Almonds!! I remember when I discovered what roasting does to vegetables that I went crazy. Like if-it-wasn’t-nailed-down I was roasting it crazy!!!
This awesome recipe is featured in Jennifer Farley’s new cookbook The Gourmet Kitchen. It’s utterly delicious in it’s simplicity, which is an overriding theme of most of Jennifer’s recipes. She perfectly describes them as “everyday gourmet recipes for the home cook.”
And with the Holidays right around the corner you NEED this book! Oh, and it just so happens we’re doing a GIVEAWAY (see below)! Is this your lucky day or what?!!
- 1½ pounds broccoli cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves to 3 garlic sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 in medium lemon sliced half
- 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper (see note). Spread evenly on the pan, drizzling any excess oil on top, and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the florets are crispy and caramelized, but still a little tender. Check the broccoli after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon over the broccoli and top with the almonds and cheese. Serve hot.
You can find complete recipes of this Roasted Broccoli With Asiago, Garlic And Almonds in healthyseasonalrecipes.com