My pre-schooler little G has been doing very well at school and after school programs, and I can’t be prouder and happier. I want to think that it’s all the salmon that I have been feeding him. Well, we all know that salmon is loaded with omega-3 and an excellent source for a child’s cognitive development.
I am just happy that little G loves salmon. In fact, he would ask for salmon as his dinner whenever he has a craving for fish. A few days ago, he asked me to serve salmon with his favorite garlic noodles, and here it is the garlic herb roasted salmon I made for him.
This recipe is literally what it says: garlic, herb (I used Italian parsley), and salmon roasted in an oven. It’s a great Fall/Winter recipe and definitely one of the easiest salmon recipes I have attempted. So easy, completely fuss-free, and I didn’t even have to marinate.
When you have pretty fresh salmon, you don’t need a lot of seasonings or ingredients. Let the natural flavors of salmon shines. A little butter, herb, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice are all you need. Dinner is done in about 20 minutes, and hurray to more brain power for the little ones!
- 12 oz salmon fillet, cut into two pieces
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, parsley, salt, cayenne pepper (if using), lemon juice and black pepper together. Stir to combine well.
- Arrange the salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon the garlic herb mixture onto the salmon, coat well on the top and sides of the salmon.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Dish out and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
You can find complete recipes of this Garlic Herb Roasted Salmon in rasamalaysia.com