~ These Easy Chicken Parmesan Wraps are a super-fast 15-minute meal! You can even make them completely ahead – and they’re freezable, too! Perfect for grab-n-go eating on the run! All the cheesy, saucy, comforting flavors of your favorite chicken parmesan casserole … yet so quick and simple! ~
Let’s all channel our inner third-grader and remember how we loved learning about adjectives. Because what’s better than a fun, little, unexpected, impromptu, (whoa – four adjectives right there!) grammar lesson? Right?!?! Yay, grammar!
Oh come on! Stop groaning and think … adjectives. Think … Chicken Parmesan adjectives. What comes to mind?
Maybe Ooey-Gooey, Cheesy Chicken Parmesan? (Good job!)
Or Saucy Chicken Parmesan …
Comforting Chicken Parmesan …
Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole …
Now you’ve got it!
So how about: On-the-go Chicken Parmesan, Make-ahead Chicken Parmesan, Hand-held Chicken Parmesan, 15-minute Chicken Parmesan? Whoa – hold up there! Say what??? That’s crazy talk!
When did an ooey-gooey, saucy, cheesy Chicken Parmesan Casserole become a 15-minute, hand-held, on-the-go, make-ahead recipe?!?!?
Today, friends. Today!
Not only do you get a free grammar lesson, but you also get a revolutionized, new-and-improved, perfect-for-busy-people version of Chicken Parm (with all the adjectives I can think of to throw at you along the way)!
- 3 cups roughly shredded, cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (see note)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning (make sure yours is a salt-free blend)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup your favorite marinara sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 Flatout breads (we used Light Italian Herb)
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- Additional marinara sauce, warmed for dipping, if desired
- Place shredded chicken in a medium bowl. Add Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper, and stir well to combine.
- Add marinara sauce and basil to chicken mixture, and stir to combine again.
- Optional: If you want your filling piping hot, you can microwave the chicken mixture at this point for about 60-90 seconds. (Even if you choose to skip this, your filling should still be pleasantly heated after the wraps are seared in the skillet in step 7. If you are prepping these as make-aheads, skip this optional step.)
- Lay 1 Flatout flatbread on work surface, and sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese down the center, leaving a large border all around the cheese. Spread ¼ of the chicken mixture (about a heaping ½ cup) on top of the cheese.
You can find complete recipes of this Easy Chicken Parmesan Wraps in twohealthykitchens.com