Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies: These easy cake mix cookies are full of chocolate chips and cookies and cream cookies. They are the perfect after school snack, lunch box snack, or midnight snack. You choose! For some reason this week I am obsessed with cookies.
I really think it is because last week we were on vacation, and I ate anything and everything I wanted. It was fun, for a while. Unfortunately, eating like that isn’t great for summer clothes wearing. I know summer is coming in just a few short months. Time to back off the sweets again.
Drinking smoothies + eating heathy dinners = cookie dreams! You would not believe how many new combos I have thought through…just in one day! It must be the sugar withdrawals hitting me big time. Maybe just one little bite wouldn’t hurt…
I had to giggle at my daughter last night. My husband and I were discussing our food intake for the day, and he was telling me that I had plenty of room to have a protein bar if I wanted. I must have been grumbling under my breath about this said healthy bar as I left the room, because all of a sudden I heard laughing in the living room.
Apparently my daughter was informing my hubby that “Mommy, doesn’t want that kind of bar…she wants Reese’s gooey cake bars.” Man, does she know me or what!!!
Of course, now I have tons of ideas running through my head for gooey bars too…
These are one of my daughter’s favorite cookies. Of course, anything cookies and cream related gets her vote. Cookies get made at least once a week around here. Then I have to really stay out of the kitchen because those cookies tease me. I think they know that I am trying to cut back on sugar! Cookies made from cake mixes are starting to become regulars around here. I hope you don’t mind a few more variations that I’m thinking through.
It is a fun trick to turn a cake mix into cookies. I like to add a little bit of cream cheese. It makes the cookies so soft and incredible tasting. Feel free to use your favorite mix-ins. Today we went with Oreo cookie chunks and two kinds of chocolate chips. There is no right or wrong combo when it comes to these cookies.
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Oreo cookie chunks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, and cream cheese.
- Beat until a soft dough forms. Stir in the cookie chunks and chips by hand.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour. Roll into 24 balls.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- The cookies will seem under done, but will continue to set up as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes.
- Tap the tops of the cookies with a flat spatula to even them out.
- Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can find complete recipes of this CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES in insidebrucrewlife.com