We’re LOVING this fun twist on classic stuffed peppers! These Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Peppers are packed with an entire BOX of fresh baby spinach and loaded with so much flavor, you’ll forget you’re eating #alltheveggies
I’m going to keep things short and sweet today because I want you dancing around the kitchen as soon as possible! Deal? Deal!
This recipe was one of those “ohmygosh what on Earth is living inside my crisper?!” moments where my veggie drawer was near bursting at the seams. I had gone on a bit of a pepper spree on my last grocery run and had picked up spinach on BOGO to boot. Lots of perishable goodness that HAD. TO. GO!!!
Stuffed peppers to the rescue!
These tasty veggie stuffed veggies hit the spot as a speedy lunch and would make a great pairing to your favorite protein for dinner, or a great main dish to pair with a big salad for all the vegetarians out there. Super tasty. Super flexible. Super OMGMAKETHIS.
That’s a word, pinky promise.
Without further adieu, on to the recipe!
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp oil (coconut, olive, avocado)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 (5 oz) package of fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (or try fresh!)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 bell peppers
- fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Cook rice in water until fluffy via your favorite method: stovetop, rice cooker, or pressure cooker.
- Depending on method chosen this will take 10 (pressure cooker) to 20 (rice cooker + stovetop) minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet with oil and sauté garlic and spinach until tender and fragrant.
- Season with basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add cheese, saving a little extra for topping if desired.
- Stir in your rice and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Slice your peppers in half, removing the veins, stems, and seeds.
You can find complete recipes of this CHEESY SPINACH STUFFED PEPPERS in peasandcrayons.com