These Black Bean & Sweet Potato Tacos are gluten free and vegetarian. They make a great breakfast, lunch or dinner taco recipe.
These black bean and sweet potato tacos have become a new obsession in our house. Normally, both Cohl and I are HUGE egg fans… eating either an omelet, Migas, or any other concoction with the beloved multi-purpose egg. However, lately we have become a little tired of them and had to come up with an alternative for our breakfast routine.
Still wanting to be able to cook something up rather quickly, the sweet potatoes are cubed up rather small so they can be cooked fully in a skillet. There is no oven pre-heating or baking required with these sweet potato tacos!! Simply throw your ingredients in a skillet and saute away.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Cheese *can use vegan cheese
- In a large skillet place olive oil and sweet potatoes. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue cooking over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon coconut oil and 2-3 tortillas. Heat up tortillas for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove tortillas and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
You can find complete recipes of this BLACK BEAN & SWEET POTATO TACOS | VEGETARIAN in glutenfreewithlb.com