This Bang Bang Shrimp and Pasta recipe has the most scrumptious, creamy sauce. Plus it’s ready in about 20 minutes!
My hubby’s birthday was yesterday and I wanted to cook him something new and exciting. I knew I wanted to make something with seafood since that is his favorite. This simple recipe is so, so yummy delicious. We were all practically licking our bowls!
I bought frozen shrimp and just ran it under very cold water for about 5 minutes in a colander to thaw it quickly.
I have never cooked with Thai sweet chili sauce and I love it. It has just enough spice to it but not too much to be overwhelming. Actually, there are so many sauces in the Asian aisle that I have never tried. Where have I been?
If you are a shrimp lover, you will really love this easy dinner. It was ready in about 20 minutes! Shoot, you can even make it with chicken you might have cooked in the freezer already too. The sauce is what makes it delish!!
**I have had a few people ask about the bowl I served it in (in the picture). It is a Wilton Armetale that I received as a wedding gift. I love their products! They keep food warm (or cold) when serving and they are so pretty! The one I have is the William and Mary Medium Serving Bowl.
- ¾ – 1 lb of thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta (or gluten free pasta)
- 1½ lbs of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- ½ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP of lime juice
- ⅛ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.(You can warm this if you desire but it warmed up nicely for me when mixed with the hot pasta.)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta and drain well.
- Place the uncooked shrimp in a medium sized bowl and add the paprika, 3 cloves of garlic, pepper
- Heat the coconut oil on medium high heat and add the coated uncooked shrimp. Stir constantly while cooking until pink for approx. 7- 10 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this BANG BANG SHRIMP AND PASTA in tosimplyinspire.com