These Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip from Favorite Family Recipes are a must make this fall! The apples slices get lightly battered, fried and sprinkled with your favorites — cinnamon and sugar! Then add in the creamy caramel infused dip and you have one heck of a sweet treat that your family is really going to LOVE!
These Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip are the perfect warm dessert for a crisp Autumn evening. It made our house smell like apple pie. My husband and I dreamed these up while driving home from a family hike and couldn’t wait to get home to try them out. We both love apples but have a weird allergy where we can’t eat them raw, it makes or throats itchy and tight I know, it’s super weird and started when we were living in California, we can’t figure it out.
As long as they are cooked, we are fine. But we have missed being able to eat raw apples dipped in caramel, so we came up with this delicious creation. The apples slices are lightly battered and fried in a shallow pan, then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. The caramel dip is creamy and caramel infused, and oh so yummy.
For the Apples:
- 4 to 5 tart apples, we used Pink Ladies
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- wondra flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- cinnamon and sugar, to taste
For the Dip:
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 small container cool whip (or 1 cup whipping cream with 1/2 cup sugar- whipped until stiff)
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- In a fry pan, or deep fryer heat vegetable oil for frying.
- Mix together the buttermilk and sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Peel and slice apples and add them to the buttermilk mixture as you go to prevent browning.
- In a shallow dish, put a layer of wonder flour.
- Pull the apples out of the buttermilk mix, one at a time and lightly coat all sides in the flour.
- When oil is nice and hot, gently place coated apples into the oil so they are not touching, when the bottom side begins to turn golden, flip over and brown the second side.
- Quickly remove to a tray lined with paper towels to soak up excess grease and cool.
- Sprinkle immediately with cinnamon and sugar while they are hot.
For the dip:
- Mix together the the cream cheese and cool whip until completely blended then stir in the caramel sauce.
- Place into a bowl for dipping and drizzle a little extra caramel sauce over the top.
You can find complete recipes of this Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip in thebestblogrecipes.com