Make this. Make this cheesecake soon. Today, if possible. But I suppose tomorrow will do as well.
As a lover of cheesecake in all it’s flavors and forms, this key lime version has completely stolen my heart. It’s downright incredible. Light and creamy and perfectly tangy, it solidifies the fact that while chocolate is my soulmate and first dessert of choice, there are a handful of non-chocolate desserts (this cheesecake and another creamy lime pie, in particular), that are so delicious, little ol’ dark chocolate should maybe start to look over its shoulder a bit more often.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 14 rectangle graham crackers, crushed)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (24-ounces total) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Zest from 1 lime, about 1-2 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup key lime juice OR 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice + 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Limes or additional lime zest for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Position the oven racks so one is just above the middle position and the other is in the bottom third of the oven. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add the melted butter and mix until the graham cracker crumbs are evenly coated in sandy in texture. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2-inch or so up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer), whip the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and lime zest together until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the lime juice (or lemon + lime juice) and mix until combined. Add the eggs and mix until just combined (over mixing can cause the cheesecake to crack while baking thanks to all the extra air beat into the filling).
You can find complete recipes of this Amazing Key Lime Cheesecake in melskitchencafe.com